2 Day (online)
- Course Overview
- This course is an advanced-level qualification in Sake offered by the Sake Sommelier Academy. It is ideal for candidates currently employed in the F&B / hospitality industry. It gives the candidate the essential knowledge and skills to advise and provide appropriate Sake service.
The candidate will:
- DAY 1
- sake history
- Sake Industry: Problems in the Japanese hospitality
- what makes sake unique
- Sake production Part I
- sake culture
- sake storage and quality control in restaurants,
- Lunch break 30mins
- Sake tasting part 1 style tasting SAT style
- Sake Brewery storytelling
- understand the history, ingredients and production methods for Sake this will allow them to connect to the brand they are promoting.
- be able to understand and interpret Sake labels
- be able to provide appropriate Sake service
- Table sake(futsushu)
- junmai Ginjo
- junmai Daiginjo
- Review content 30mins
- Origin of certain Sake Vessel
- Different sake vessels how does it effect the how sake is drink
Sake tasting part II & Sake Production Part II
- how the sake making production connects to the sake
- yeast starters : Yamahai ,Kimoto
- Yeast driven: Junmai Ginjo
- Sake Rice Specific: Yamadanishiki
- sake regionality
- Special sake what is and how does it taste.
- How the world can change from one bottle/ temperature contrast
- Difference between hot and cold
Lunch pairing exercise the world of Umami and food Matching
- cheese and chocolate experience
- Identify Umami
- Unclassified Sake
Exam revision 90mins
Exam test 45mins multiple choice ( google forms)
- 20mins Sake tasting Exam
- Course Assessment
Our Certified Sake Sommelier qualifications are well known throughout the hospitality industry across the world, and passing students also receive lapel badges to proudly display their new-learnt skills.
Sake Sommeliers will be eligible to attend the London Sake Challenge and other Regional Sake Challenges as tasting judges as well as enter the coveted Sake Sommelier of the Year competition.
- Section Exam: 40 multiple-choice questions
- 70% to pass
Known as the “Queen of Sake in Perth”, taking on the challenge of Japanese Sake head-on for WA locals. The survival of a family legacy to keep it alive was her driving force. Taking over Japanese business connections from her family of 40 years and bridging the gap between generations allowed Sandra to honour the partnership that was built up for her.
Promoting Japanese sake to the unknown allowed Sandra to niched into the Sake market with locals, organising special events, degustations, tastings and sake virtual courses allowed her to spread the love of sake to the hearts of Australians no matter the experience.
In 2019 Sandra became an SSA Certified Sake Educator & Scholar recognized by the Sake Education Council & Sake Sommelier Association.
In 2022 September was in charge of presenting the lectures for 70 judges all over Australia for Australian Sake Awards Competiton. The judges are made up of professionals who understand the consumers’ needs, such as Australian sommeliers, sake retailers, food and beverage industry professionals, sake qualification holders, and sake importers and wholesalers.
- About the Sake Sommeliers Association
We Are The World’s Premier Sake Education Specialists
The Sake Sommelier Association (SSA) is the first and only UK-based organisation that is solely
committed to sake education and promotion around the world.
The Sake Sommelier Academy (SSA) has been the world’s leading sake education provider since 2000, with innovative courses expertly tailored to suit students from all backgrounds and cultures, training them to become Sake Sommeliers.
One of the key pillars of the Sake Sommelier Association (alongside their sommelier competitions and brewery events), the Sake Sommelier Academy operates with a network of partner schools & educators to provide industry leading sake courses across 6 continents.
Price $1550.00 AUD Per Person
10 Sake samples
Students must buy their own cheese and chocolate.
Time: 10am- 5pm
Monthly dates available deadline is within 1month prior to commence date.
- Entry RequirementsThere are no entry requirements for this qualification.
You must be of legal drinking age to participate in any alcohol tasting.
However, this is not a barrier to successfully completing the qualification.
- Certification On successful completion of the course, you’ll be presented with an official SSA certificate and lapel pin.