ONLINE VERSION AVAILABLE TO AUSTRALIA STATEWIDE
"Sake Essentials: A Beginner's Guide for Busy Individuals"
- Online half-day course exclusively for Japanese restaurant owners to confidently equip their staff to showcase, food pair and sell their Sake list with confidence
For individuals new to the subject, this qualification offers a hands-on introduction to the world of Japanese Sake so that your wait staff are confidently qualified to showcase your Sake list to food pair
- Distinguishing itself from other courses that merely disseminate content, our program takes an immersive approach. You won't just be learning; you'll be experiencing. You will dive headfirst into the rich tapestry of Japanese Sake, exploring its main styles and types through a multi-sensory journey encompassing sight, smell, and taste. This experiential odyssey will enable you to cultivate a profound understanding of the pivotal factors that shape flavours and aromas. It's not just practical; it's hands-on mastery in action.
- Does your waitstaff freeze when asked about sake?
Feel ashamed about own culture because of expectations that customers have because you are Japanese?
8am-2pm (Perth Time) flexible
REGISTRATION CLOSES 2 WEEKS BEFORE COMMENCE DATES
- For individuals new to the subject, this qualification offers a hands-on introduction to the world of Japanese Sake
- You’ll explore the main styles and types of Japanese Sake through sight, smell and taste to develop an understanding of the key factors affecting flavours and aromas.
- Interactive style
The candidate will be able to:
Will be able to understand the basics of Japanese Sake making production
- Sake Industry: consumer's perceptions of sake: have yourself equipped with what is expected from your consumers, being aware gives you the confidence to meet your customer's needs.
- Sake production: knowledge is power, it equips you as well makes you understand how an alcoholic drink is made from rice differs from other alcoholic beverages in the world. When customers do get curious you are able to leverage this knowledge to demonstrate your expertise to mesmerise them
- Understanding how to taste sake through taste and aroma demonstrates the performance of the sake and allows you to learn and adapt a new skill which you use in your daily life.
- descriptive language and how to recommend sake to a customer (role play exercise) like for customers if it is hard to describe sake, but this is because we are basing on the way we think we should describe instead of using how we feel to describe it. Throughout this process, we make it easy.
- Taste 6 different styles of Japanese Sake (Sake bottles distributed by Sake World after enrolment) Requested 2 weeks to guarantee arrival before class.
- Identify the different grades of Japanese Sake
- Speciality styles of Sake and state their key characteristics
- Know and recognise the processes and principles involved in the storage and service of Japanese Sake.
- Understand the fundamentals behind the Sake making production.
- Food pairing exercise with Japanese Sake understanding( cheese + chocolate)
- Students will be required to get their cheese and chocolate for the exercise it will be not supplied due to quality expectations for shipping)
The basic principles of Japanese Sake production
- The main types and styles of Japanese Sake
- How to serve Japanese Sake
- Factors affecting the flavour of Japanese Sake
- Systematic Approach to tasting Japanese Sake® (SAT) and aroma capture analysis.
- Duration - 8 Hours Maximum)
- 6 sake bottles from different sake categories for learning
- whole day Tuition
- Certified Sake Professional Qualification Certificate recognised by Sake Sommelier Association (SSA). label pin.
Cancellations & Reschedule: Students will be charged $120 admin fee to reschedule the class .
There are no entry requirements for this qualification.
You must be of legal drinking age to participate in any alcohol tasting.
Upon successful completion of our Professional Sake Introductory Course, you will receive an official SSA Sake Sommelier Certificate and have access to the Certified Sake Sommelier Course
What you will need to bring:
1 Glasses( small wine glasses preferably)
- ceramic teacup or bowl
- Ice Bucket - temperature contrast
- Course PDF via email for printout
- 6 Sake tasting bottles
- cheese and chocolate
- steel pot
- Hot kettle
Bundle set your learning get 10% off
Sake Sommelier Course Online
2 days interacting with your Sake educator
Learning the main philosophy of Japanese sake
each student will receive their own sake kit
Sake sample materials