ONLINE VERSION AVAILABLE TO AUSTRALIA STATEWIDE
Dates for 2021
1:00PM-5:30pm (Perth Time)
- For individuals new to the subject, this qualification offers a hands-on introduction to the world of Japanese Sake
- You’ll explore the main styles and types of Japanese Sake through sight, smell and taste to develop an understanding of the key factors affecting flavours and aromas.
- Interactive style
The candidate will able to:
Will be able to understand the basics of Japanese Sake making production
- Taste 5 different styles of Japanese Sake (Sake bottles will be distributed by Sake World and will be sent to student after enrolled)Please give 2 weeks time to guarantee arrival before class.
- Identify the different grades of Japanese Sake
- Speciality styles of sake and state their key characteristics
- Know and recognise the processes and principles involved in the storage
- and service of Japanese Sake.
- Understanding basic fundamentals behind the sake making production.
- Food pairing exercise with Japanese Sake understanding( cheese + chocolate)
- Students will be required to get their own cheese and chocolate for the exercise it will be not supplied due to quality expectation for shipping)
The basic principles of Japanese Sake production
- The main types and styles of Japanese Sake
- How to serve Japanese Sake
- Factors affecting the flavour of Japanese Sake
- Systematic Approach to tasting Japanese Sake® (SAT) and aroma capture analysis.
- Duration - 4 .5 Hours Maximum)
Cost: $250(includes insurance)+ delivery
- 5 sake bottles from different sake categories for learning
- 4.5 hours tuition
- Certified Sake Professional Qualification Certificate recognised by Sake Sommelier Association (SSA). label pin .
Special discount students on sakes from in-store or direct from SakeWorld and sake events for students attending.
There are no entry requirements for this qualification.
You must be of legal drinking age to participate in any alcohol tasting.
Upon successful completion of our Professional Sake Introductory Course, you will receive an official SSA Sake Sommelier Certificate and have access to the Certified Sake Sommelier Course conducted by co-partner Sake Samurai Andre Bishop
What you will need to bring:
2 Glasses( small wine glasses preferably)
- ceramic teacup or bowl
- Ice Bucket - temperature contrast
- Sake tasting worksheet PDF will be sent via email for print out
- 5 Sake tasting bottles
- cheese and chocolate
- steel pot
- Hot kettle
The Sake Sommelier Academy (SSA) has been the world’s leading sake education provider since 2000, with innovative courses expertly tailored to suit students from all backgrounds and cultures, training them to become Sake Sommeliers.
One of the key pillars of the Sake Sommelier Association (alongside their sommelier competitions and brewery events), the Sake Sommelier Academy operates with a network of partner schools & educators to provide industry leading sake courses across 6 continents.
Kodawari Sake Education has become the SSA approved program provider (ACP) in 2020. We are currently offering SSA Introductory Sake Professional Course with Certification & Pin.
Introductory Sake Professional (Short course) ONLINE Australia StateWide
Enjoy the comfort of your own home while enjoying learning and tasting Japanese Sake.
Virtual Learning is the New Norm.
Learn the Sake Basics,
Understand the different styles of sake grades how does it come to wine.
Learn to taste and capture aroma like a pro.
Understanding pairing and sake matching.
Tasting 5 different styles of sake
Sake Bottles will be sent once enrolled.
Participants who complete the course will receive
Introductory Sake Professional certificate + NEW Pin just introduced and recognized by Sake Sommelier Association.
Cost: $250 includes delivery (sake kit)