ONLINE VERSION AVAILABLE TO AUSTRALIA STATEWIDE
First Round Dates:
Sunday April 25th
11:00 AM-1:30 PM
PERTH & ADELAIDE
1:00PM-3:30pm (Perth Time)
- For individuals new to the subject, this qualification offers a hands-on introduction to the world of Japanese Sake
- You’ll explore the main styles and types of Japanese Sake through sight, smell and taste to develop an understanding of the key factors affecting flavours and aromas.
The candidate will able to:
Will be able to understand the basics of Japanese Sake making production
- Taste 5 different styles of Japanese Sake (Sake bottles will be distributed by Sake World and will be sent to student after enrolled)Please give 2 weeks time to guarantee arrival before class.
- Identify the different grades of Japanese Sake
- Speciality styles of sake and state their key characteristics
- Know and recognise the processes and principles involved in the storage
- and service of Japanese Sake.
- Understanding basic fundamentals behind the sake making production.
- Food pairing exercise with Japanese Sake understanding( cheese + chocolate)
- Students will be required to get their own cheese and chocolate for the exercise it will be not supplied due to quality expectation for shipping)
The basic principles of Japanese Sake production
- The main types and styles of Japanese Sake
- How to serve Japanese Sake
- Factors affecting the flavour of Japanese Sake
- Systematic Approach to tasting Japanese Sake® (SAT) and aroma capture analysis.
- Duration - (2 .5 Hours Maximum)
Cost: $180 per person+delivery with insurance
- 5 sake bottles from different sake categories for learning
- 2.5 hours tuition
- Certified Sake Professional Qualification Certificate recognised by Sake Sommelier Association (SSA)
Special discount on sakes showcase or direct from SakeWorld and sake events for students attending.
There are no entry requirements for this qualification.
You must be of legal drinking age to participate in any alcohol tasting.
Upon successful completion of our Professional Sake Introductory Course, you will receive an official SSA Sake Sommelier Certificate and have access to the Certified Sake Sommelier Course conducted by co-partner Sake Samurai Andre Bishop
What you will need to bring:
5 Glasses( small wine glasses preferably)
- ceramic teacup or bowl
- Ice Bucket - temperature contrast
- Sake tasting worksheet PDF will be sent via email for print out
- 5 Sake tasting bottles
- cheese and chocolate
- steel pot
- Hot kettle