Perth In-Person(private tuition)
"Sake Essentials: A Beginner's Guide to Exploring the World of Sake for Enthusiastic Sake Lovers"
- In- person half-day course exclusively for Japanese restaurant owners to confidently equip their staff to showcase, food pair and sell their Sake list with confidence
For individuals new to the subject, this qualification offers a hands-on introduction to the world of Japanese Sake so that your wait staff are confidently qualified to showcase your Sake list to food pair
- Unlike other courses that simply teach you the content, we’ll get stuck in and you’ll explore the main styles and types of Japanese Sake through sight, smell and taste to develop an understanding of the key factors affecting flavours and aromas through practical practice.
- Does your waitstaff freeze when asked about sake?
Feel ashamed about own culture because of expectations that customers have because you are Japanes
- Course Objective
The candidate will able to:
Will be able to understand the basics of Japanese Sake making production
- Taste 8 different styles of Japanese Sake
- Identify the different grades of Japanese Sake
- Speciality styles of sake and state their key characteristics
- Know and recognise the processes and principles involved in the storage
- and service of Japanese Sake.
- Understanding basic fundamentals behind the sake making production.
- cheese & chocolate food pairing with Japanese Sake understanding
The basic principles of Japanese Sake production
- The main types and styles of Japanese Sake
- How to serve Japanese Sake
- Factors affecting the flavour of Japanese Sake
- Systematic Approach to tasting Japanese Sake® (SAT) and aroma capture analysis.
- QUIZ AS CLASS
- Duration - 1 day (8 Hours Maximum)
- There will be 30mins break for lunch
Style 2 ( Japanese Hospitality)
- Sake Industry: consumer's perceptions of sake: have yourself equipped with what is expected from your consumers, being aware gives you the confidence to meet your customer's needs
- Sake production: knowledge is power, it equips you as well makes you understand how an alcoholic drink is made from rice differs from other alcoholic beverages in the world. When customers do get curious you are able to leverage this knowledge to demonstrate your expertise to mesmerise them.
- like wine there are styles of sake understand how they differ from each other and how the theory of the production connects.
- Understanding how to taste sake through taste and aroma demonstrates the performance of the sake and allows you to learn and adapt a new skill which you can use in your daily life.
- descriptive language and how to recommend sake to a customer (role play exercise) like for customers if it is hard to describe sake, but this is because we are basing on the way we think we should describe instead of using how we feel to describe it. Throughout this process, we make it easy.
- lunch break 30 mins
- sake storage and quality control in restaurants the correct storage system and care define quality and manageability. You will know to take care of your sake products but never waste them. You will be sufficient in manage the quality control and distribution on how much serve without wastage.
- know and understand principles to identify different styles through sight, smell and taste and how they should be served through this process you will take the new adapt skill to a new level and through blind tasting identify what makes the style sake true.
- temperature contrast how it affects the sake character through this process you will open up your mind to possibility, and understand that sake is not able to perform only one way.
- food and sake philosophy through this process you would already have adapted a capability to see food pairing formed unexpectedly as you taste and pair.
- cheese and chocolate food pairing experience through this process we reveal the magic of sake pairing
- class photo
Cancellation & Reschedule: Students will be charged $100 to reschedule a different date.
There are no entry requirements for this qualification.
You must be of legal drinking age to participate in any alcohol tasting.
Upon successful completion of our Professional Sake Introductory Course, you will receive an official SSA Sake Sommelier Certificate and have access to the Certified Sake Sommelier Course.
**Enjoy and test your skill and gain confidence
Graduate students will be shortlisted to volunteer in sake tasting events in Perth.
Price $450 AUD Per Person
credit card surcharges apply
Online SSA INTRODUCTORY SAKE PROFESSIONAL COURSE
When you want to learn straight away
Half-day course online.
There is no better way to learn in the comfort of your own home.
Enjoy an interactive coaching session where you taste and learn what is so fascinating about the drink from Japan that is made with rice.
Please give 2 weeks to receive your sake kit
Price includes Course fee and Express delivery